Hot deals on outdoor gear that came to me today.
- Burst Mode shoots 1 to 3 pictures
- Capture 10 second video clips
- Flash Range; up to 50 ft.
- Time and Date, Moon Phase and Temperature stamped on every image
- 32 MB built-in memory
- Expandable SD-memory card slot accepts up to 2 GB card (sold separately)
- Auxiliary power jack external 12V lead acid battery pack (sold separately)
I also heard about a deal on a Vortex riflescope going on at Cameraland NY. For those of you who haven’t heard much about Vortex, you need to look into them. We’re talking the highest quality optics, great prices and American-made craftsmanship. Look for more info on Vortex to come this summer from us at Outwrite.
Vortex ViperRiflescope at Cameraland NY
The Viper PST (Precision Shooting Tactical) 2.5-10x44mm riflescope boasts features associated with top-tier riflescopes, yet comes in at a street price of only $599.99. Matching reticle and turret measurements allow accurate, fast dialing of shots. The one-piece 30mm tube, precision-machined from a single solid block of aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum, offers ample windage and elevation adjustment. Born from an intimate understanding of riflescope design, forward-thinking engineering, and open ears to a market incredibly vocal about what it wants in a riflescope, the Viper PST series delivers the performance and features tactical shooters demand at an economical price.
- Optically Indexed Lenses – Delivers optimum image sharpness and brightness with true reticle use for full ranging and holdover from edge to edge because of computer-controlled alignment during construction.
- XD Lens Elements – Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass enhances resolution, color, and contrast.
- XR Lens Coatings – Vortex XR proprietary anti-reflection lens coatings increase light transmission with multiple coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- 30 mm Tube – Provides greater strength and wider adjustment lattitude as compared to a 1-inch tube.
- One-Piece Tube – Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance as well as strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum – Construction from a solid block of 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum delivers increased strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof – O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the tube for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof – Filled with argon gas to inhibit internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof – Lenses are locked in place, fore and aft, with machined locking rings to remain in perfect alignment and resist impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish – Type-3 hard-coat anodization is durable; the low-glare matte helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
- ArmorTek – Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating repels oils and corrosive salts on outer glass surfaces.
- CRS Zero – Stop Customizable Rotational Stop (CRS) prevents dialing more than one rotation below your zero so you don’t lose the zero when dialing large amounts of elevation corrections. Patent pending.
- Tall Uncapped Turrets – Make range calculation and shooting adjustments fast and accurate with subtension marks that match the reticle .
- Single Spring Construction – Fully constrains (without over-constraining) the optical system for predictable, improved accuracy throughout the range of elevation adjustment.
- Glass-etched Reticle – Protected between two layers of glass (not made from wire) for optimum durability and reliability.
- Illuminated Reticle – Electronic illumination aids in low light visibility of reticle. Battery included.
- Illumination Control – Can be turned on or off with a single click between each intensity level—allowing access to a preferred illumination setting without having to progress through each intensity level. Positioned at 45 degrees off the left side of the eyepiece for easy adjustment without blocking view of the turret setting or magnification.
- MagView Bar – Combines a fiber optics magnification indicator with raised rear-facing magnification references for clear viewing in low light conditions. Patent pending.
- Radius Bar – Fiber optic turret rotation indicator provides illuminated and tactile point of reference for turret rotations. Patent pending.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece – Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Magnification: 2.5-10 x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 44 mm
- Eye Relief: 4 inches
- Field of View: 47-10.9 feet/100 yards
- Tube Size: 30 mm
- Turret Style: Tall Uncapped – CRS Zero Stop
- Adjustment Graduation: .1 mrad / 1/4 MOA
- Max Elevation Adjustment: 29 mrads / 100 moa
- Max Windage Adjustment: 29 mrads / 100 moa
- Parallax Setting: 100 yards
- Length: 12 inches
- Weight: 18.4 ounces